South Port, Bluff, New Zealand

South Port, Bluff, New Zealand

Description: Bluff is New Zealand’s southernmost town, and Southland’s port. A town, originally named Campbelltown, was surveyed in 1856 and became a customs port. In 1917 the town was re-named Bluff – which is what locals had always called it. Bluff is home to a fishing fleet which harvests rock lobster and blue cod, and dredges for oysters.

[display photography on the map]

Keywords: New Zealand, Bluff, port, Bluff Harbour, people, town, boat, The Port of Bluff, Campbelltown, water

Exif: Exposure: 1/40, Aperture: 9.0, ISO: 100

Views: 7533 ×